My blog



A naive endeavour to create a blog on science outreach activities with school kids, grad life, movies, books and pretty much everything that comes into mind while writing!

Thursday, June 21, 2012

About me

As the daughter of an academician, and a recovering learner myself, while everyone is entitled to their opinion, here's where mine comes from:

I am a Zoologist by profession
(I hope I can say that after having  a BSc and MSc in Zoology from University of Calcutta and an MPhil (Developmental Biology) from University of Sheffield and presently pursuing my PhD in the same) ,  and being a student for more than half of my lifetime, I like to be associated with teaching and learning. I am an active member of graduate students forums, Science outreach activities and all those free food events associated with them. Those are my credentials. Now who am I as a person? In short:

I like super spicy chinese food, guacamole, granola and yoghurt,  photography, dancing, painting, cocktails, graffiti art, movies, children books, humour, a little bit of rain every week and having at least a cat as a pet in the house.


I dislike grape fruits, wet shoes, untidy rooms, curious people and people who don’t know how to laugh on a daily basis.

After being unsuccessful in some of my previous attempts to continue writing in a blog, I thought of taking a different approach. Instead of finding out time on a daily basis, I would specifically dedicate it to report science outreach activities that I undertake and review some interesting books and movies (can I upload some graffiti arts too at times!).

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment